Bonneville Cutthroat Trout

Bonneville Cutthroat Trout
Big Bonneville Creek

About Me

My closest fishing buddy and me call each other by our middle names when planning, wanting, or actually going out to fish. We thought it would fool our wives at first, but the first try and they figured it out. I guess we aren't so clever...but we are smarter than our wives...Look who they married and look who we married. (try that one on your wife...always works!)

NEXT TRIP: Bonneville Creek

Created by rednecktrout

* * * Redneck Trout Posts * * *

.~.~.~.~.~.~.ROLL CASTS and FLY LINES.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Fly Fishing Lie

Ever talk to your friends about things you have done and made them sound like your an expert? I probably have more times than I should...but, it was a lot of fun at the moment. Probably one of my biggest hoaxes is in regards to going Steelhead fishing. Steelhead fishing has got to be a thrill if you are good enough at it, you know where to go and if you have the time. When people ask me if I Steelhead...I say "sure have." That's about the end of the conversation too because I have only gone twice and only hooked into one...might of been a rock or submerged log.
I did catch a big bull trout. That was cool...and that's no bull btw.
Anywho...I don't have the knowhow, location or patience to Steelhead. I keep it simple and fish small streams. I have gone on some crazy trips and have more planned this year. And I would be lying to you if I didn't say that I can't wait.
Bonneville Creek is on my mind constantly and Emerson's Slough as well. My next crazy trip is to go fish the Bruneau River and check out the gorgeous canyon. It is a terrible place to fish...really...no lie...unless you have the knowhow, location and patience...and in this case I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bruneau. Countdown. I lie not - I'm ready! Ready to get out of the hazy, cold valley. Ready to see some beautiful scenery. Ready to hold some fish.

- emerson

Glenn said...

I'm ready to lie...if it means getting out of the hazy, cold valley...which is the truth. See em', hold em', lip em', rip em'...whatever it takes to get spring on its way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Glen,

I'm interested in discussing your possible contribution to Blood Knot Magazine, a digital fly fishing publication at www.bloodknot.net. Please contact me at james@bloodknot.net if interested.