Bonneville Cutthroat Trout

Bonneville Cutthroat Trout
Big Bonneville Creek

About Me

My closest fishing buddy and me call each other by our middle names when planning, wanting, or actually going out to fish. We thought it would fool our wives at first, but the first try and they figured it out. I guess we aren't so clever...but we are smarter than our wives...Look who they married and look who we married. (try that one on your wife...always works!)

NEXT TRIP: Bonneville Creek

Created by rednecktrout

* * * Redneck Trout Posts * * *

.~.~.~.~.~.~.ROLL CASTS and FLY LINES.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MAY ??? 2009 FLY FISHERMAN

What a weird day. I found out that the antagonistic comment on my blog was from none other than my best fishing bud in Idaho. He was just ribbing me for letting out more news on one of our favorite places in the World to fish. He was right, but not many people are finding this blog,yet! The comments made after it had some merit to them and were worthy of posting (of course one of them was mine), so I left them up. Anywho, I changed the name of the river (South Fork of the Boise) to North Mtn. Home Creek to appease that person (ha!). I was having fun with it while still letting all my friends know what I was talking about. BTW - North Mtn. Home Creek is a tributary to Knotehlum Creek...you with me?

I came home from work pretty exhausted but had a good couple hours with the fam. Wanted to wind down a bit before calling it a day but doing taxes or cleaning the garage or making a run to the grocery for some Apple Jacks didn't fit the bill. Low and behold, my wife pulled out the mail after dinner and I uncovered my MAY 2009 FLY FISHERMAN magazine (yep May...it is March 3rd today). I could care less how it got here two months early. Any new fly fishing material was welcome. (quick check to the countdown machine...15 days 4 hours 1 minute 3 seconds)

Okay...how does this fit in with my opening remarks...hold on...here it comes. After being impressed by the 45.25" Kispiox River steelhead on the front cover (I am very jealous Nick) I quickly turned to the table of contents and saw on the top "FEATURES" in red and "DEPARTMENTS" in black. Ummm...who cares about departments...RED features it was. I quickly was blown away by the first article posted which read:

IDAHO'S SOUTH FORK BOISE RIVER
You can find solitude and large rainbows sipping abudant hatches if you push beyond the crowds.

I am a religious man except for an occasional bowl of Fruit Loops. I so far have refrained from Apple Jacks. Barring this one inadequacy, I rarely swear. But upon seeing the article title and reading I let go a few. Not in anger...just in disappointment. The article's author, Greg Thomas,"did an absolutely amazing job telling EVERYTHING about the river with GREAT accuracy!!!!!"

He didn't MISS a thing! Way to go Greg and FLY FISHERMAN magazine.

Going back to the points of the blog...my rebuttal to my late night commentor and subsequent follow up by Emerson, stated the following regarding the South Fork (aka North Mtn. Home Creek):
-crowded for years
-stuffed with fisherman
-accessible
-productive
-beautiful
-proximity to Boise & the Big Wood River
-inevitable it would get overrun
-magazines have advertised for centuries

After reading the "GREAT" article, I couldn't help but think that maybe Greg visited my blog first and ran with the idea. I think I probably owe someone a steak dinner. Heck, now that the whole western U.S. knows about North Mtn. Home Creek, and it's load of 20" bows, let's just have a fish fry while we all camp out on the banks of the river below Anderson Ranch Dam!

My only consolation regarding the day was that I got the magazine for free. Don't remember how, I just remembering checking a box to get a free trial of the magazine. America the Beautiful.

Hey EVERYONE...Idaho is an absolutely dumpy place with nothing but sagebrush and old potato farms and fertilizer plants. It would take a real idiot (or two) to come for a visit...so don't come!!!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you happen to read the fine print when you checked the box? Are you sure you didn't sign up for a subscription but got the first one free? :) Sometimes companies are pretty tricky about that.

Glenn said...

Pretty sure I am coming out with free magazines. If I get a bill I will let you know.

Anonymous said...

Iderhoe is the worstest dadgummed fleabagged piece of scat this side of Cantuky (no offence to you Cantuckerds).

Iderhoe gots the most worster fishing in the contenintle US. And its filled with people like me whos cant stands you suthernerds (that wood be you Utards or is that Uterds).

Go fish the Green or Provo with all those Normans.

Anonymous said...

I hit the Jock Danyels abit too soon. I shuolda wated another 1:9:23:7. I hopes my last post didn't embare ass you.

Anonymous said...

Regarding your comment: "I am a religious man except for an occasional bowl of Fruit Loops. I so far have refrained from Apple Jacks"........I say...Fruity Pebbles over both of them. Captain Crunch Crunch Berries are pretty good too, but they can scratch up the roof of your mouth a bit.

Glenn said...

Fruity Pebbles...hmmm...too narrow.
Now Captain Crunch Berries on the other hand are UNIVERSAL!