Bonneville Cutthroat Trout

Bonneville Cutthroat Trout
Big Bonneville Creek

About Me

My closest fishing buddy and me call each other by our middle names when planning, wanting, or actually going out to fish. We thought it would fool our wives at first, but the first try and they figured it out. I guess we aren't so clever...but we are smarter than our wives...Look who they married and look who we married. (try that one on your wife...always works!)

NEXT TRIP: Bonneville Creek

Created by rednecktrout

* * * Redneck Trout Posts * * *

.~.~.~.~.~.~.ROLL CASTS and FLY LINES.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fishing the Web

Some people surf the web...I fish the web. We are deep into the doldrums of winter and I have never been much for ice fishing (caught 2 my whole life), steelheading (caught 1 my whole life) or fishing with midges (caught lots of hatchery raised rainbows or browns...non native fish).

So I spend my time planning out trips for the upcoming spring, summer and fall by dabbling around on the web, fishing for new ideas. I also like to check out the pictures I have stored away from previous trips or checking other favorite blogs. If that doesn't satisfy me, then I find some reason to get out of the house and away from the computer.

We have a sweet fly shop here in Logan, UT, "RoundRocks". Sits right on the Logan River and Brian and Vic are great owners. They go the extra mile to do things right. They are a tremondous resource to the fly fishing community. Without them I would waste away and die each winter. Thirty minutes in the shop b.s.ing with them and sitting next to their gas fire place or casting a new rod and I have hope that spring is nearer.

Back to my next winter trip...fishing the web. Check out the countdown timer above to see when and where Emerson and Glenn will be hitting the water next.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glenn,

Emerson checking in here. Are you sure that countdown clock is right? I'm thinking it's a couple minutes slow. Or are you taking into account the time it'll take to pickup a box of lemon-filled donuts?

Glenn said...

Emers...a little slow in case we need to get donuts, pull (cut) out slivers and back track to get ol' bucket-o-chain.

Anonymous said...

Now I understand why the South Fork is so crowded. Those that used to live here now advertise to the world.

Glenn said...

South Fork has been crowded for years. If anyone claims they found out about it from this blog I will buy you a steak dinner, if you tell me who you are.
It is sad the SF is stuffed with fisherman, but if you consider how accessible, productive and beautiful it is and it's proximity to Boise and the Big Wood River, it was inevitable that it would get over run.

Glenn said...

Okay I fixed it for you!

Anonymous said...

The "advertising" complaint is an unfortunate accusation against other fishermen. Magazines and books have "advertised" fishing places for centuries. Fishing places become overcrowded just for the reasons Glenn said. If you want more elbow room, lower your fish requirement size (usually goes hand-in-hand with smaller stream size) and increase the distance you are willing to travel (especially by foot).

Glenn said...

Anonymus is officially known as Hunts with Rod of Lightning. Or Gunner for short! Thanks for revealing yourself.

Anonymous said...

Before I create my official blogger name...long live the day we were flyfishing in the lightning storm as we were fishing/wading in the stream.
"Ya, I think we're safe out here...we have rubber boots on... I think we're grounded."

Glenn said...

That was an amazing day on the Bruneau. I had a day on the South Fork like that too. I believe we were fishing together. I was near Alcatraz fishing when the storm rolled in. I was dumb enough to keep fishing instead of making a run for the truck. The big stand of willow brought some solace...but it was really an unsafe place to be.